Monday, December 10, 2012

A Walk In The Park

Not much happening here the past few days. We're just waiting for Wednesday so we can move into our new home. We hung out at the park yesterday and watched movies and football and read. It was a nice relaxing day but not a lot of opportunities for blog-worthy pictures. I took a couple of walks around the RV park to see if I could find anything interesting.

I took a photo of our van and Jeep because it is starting to hit home to me that our travel days in the van are just about over. It's been a good little motorhome and has taken us to some amazing places the past five years. I'll be sad to say good-bye to it...
My morning walk took me to a field right outside the park with some pretty horses...
...and a pond inside the park that has had a heron sitting on a pipe every time we've driven or walked past. I almost thought it was fake but I finally saw it move yesterday. It reminds me of the heron that was always in the pond outside our condo...
Last night, we walked around the park to look at all the Christmas decorations. The light displays didn't photograph well but I did get a couple of nice shots of some of the decorative pieces. Some people really go all out-even in an RV park. I love that...
We brought some Christmas lights with us so we might do something simple in our new rig. I'm still not sure where we'll be for Christmas. If we haven't sold the van by then we'll probably still be in the Houston vicinity but we hope to at least be on the outskirts in a more remote setting. We're looking at Lake Conroe, the Sam Houston Forest or maybe even Galveston. Wherever we are, I'm sure it will be fun.

I hope all your holiday plans are going well. Thanks again for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment